- 1 What does being defeated mean?
- 2 What does it mean to admit defeat?
- 3 What can the defeated define batter?
- 4 Is defeat a bad word?
- 5 How do you use the word defeat?
- 6 How do you deal with defeat?
- 7 How do you handle defeat quotes?
- 8 What is the synonyms of admit?
- 9 What is the synonym of conceded?
- 10 What is batter made from?
- 11 What does batter stand for?
- 12 What are the different types of batter?
- 13 What can the defeat define better?
What does being defeated mean?
When you’re disappointed or think that nothing is going right, you feel defeated. If you’re determined to win, you could say, “I won’t accept defeat!” Some people are so stubborn that even though they’ve obviously been defeated, they won’t admit defeat. Definitions of defeat.
What does it mean to admit defeat?
: to admit that one has been defeated Although she did poorly in the first round, she has refused to admit defeat.
What can the defeated define batter?
To batter is to beat repeatedly, as if one boxer were clobbering another with blows. Batter is one of those words with many meanings that seem entirely unrelated to each other. They all come from the same Latin root word, battuere, “to beat or strike.”
Is defeat a bad word?
Defeat is commonly used in sports and in other situations involving direct competition with a measurable outcome. In all of its senses, defeat is negative (except of course for the person doing the defeating).
How do you use the word defeat?
Defeat sentence example
- Taran can defeat him.
- He shook his head in defeat and opened the door for her, bowing deeply.
- The only human who can help us defeat evil, and you chose him.
- Not enough to defeat my father and his allies.
- He threw up his hands in defeat and disappeared upstairs.
How do you deal with defeat?
When handling defeat, always take responsibility for it. Do not act like the world owes you something. Do not blame your coworker, the economy, or the competition for your failure. The sooner you can accept your defeat as your responsibility, the sooner you will be able to learn from your mistakes and move on.
How do you handle defeat quotes?
- “Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.”
- “But man is not made for defeat,” he said.
- “When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.”
What is the synonyms of admit?
Some common synonyms of admit are acknowledge, avow, confess, and own. While all these words mean “to disclose against one’s will or inclination,” admit implies reluctance to disclose, grant, or concede and refers usually to facts rather than their implications.
What is the synonym of conceded?
Some common synonyms of concede are accord, award, grant, and vouchsafe. While all these words mean “to give as a favor or a right,” concede implies yielding something reluctantly in response to a rightful or compelling claim.
What is batter made from?
batter, mixture of flour and liquid with other ingredients, such as leavening agents, shortening, sugar, salt, eggs, and various flavourings, used to make baked goods and other food products. Similar mixtures—called doughs—are thick and flexible, allowing them to be shaped and rolled. Pancakes too are made with batter.
What does batter stand for?
The batter stands next to home plate holding a bat and attempts to hit pitches thrown by the pitcher. The pitcher/batter confrontation is the central element of the game. Every defensive player (with the exception of the pitcher in leagues that use the designated hitter) is required to take a turn as a batter.
What are the different types of batter?
Derived from the French word battre, meaning ‘to beat’, you make batters by beating/whisking their ingredients together. Culinary professionals break batters into three categories: drop batter, pour batter, and coating batter based on how they use them.
What can the defeat define better?
Verb. conquer, vanquish, defeat, subdue, reduce, overcome, overthrow mean to get the better of by force or strategy.