- 1 Is West Virginia a red state?
- 2 How did West Virginia vote in 2016 presidential election?
- 3 How does Virginia decide presidential elections?
- 4 Is West Virginia a poor state?
- 5 Is West Virginia a safe state?
- 6 Is West Virginia a good place to retire?
- 7 Is West Virginia a good place to live?
- 8 How many electoral votes does West Virginia have in 2020?
- 9 Which US state is the richest?
Is West Virginia a red state?
West Virginia is now a heavily Republican state, with John McCain winning the state in 2008, Mitt Romney in 2012 and Donald Trump in 2016 and 2020.
How did West Virginia vote in 2016 presidential election?
Donald Trump won West Virginia with 68.5% of the vote, his largest share of the vote in any state. Hillary Clinton received just over a quarter of the vote, with 26.4%. Trump’s performance in the state made it his strongest state in the 2016 election by total vote share.
How does Virginia decide presidential elections?
In these elections, Virginia chose presidential electors by popular vote. The state was divided into electoral districts. Instead, the candidate who garnered the majority of the electoral vote was elected president, and the candidate with the second largest number of votes became the vice president.
Is West Virginia a poor state?
West Virginia Despite its relatively small and falling population, the state has a high poverty rate of 16%. While this is higher than the national average, it’s also the lowest rate of poverty West Virginia has seen in almost 20 years.
Is West Virginia a safe state?
West Virginians enjoy lower crime rates than many other states, and its safest cities have remarkably low numbers of reported crimes. That said, we weren’t surprised to see that West Virginia’s daily level of concern about crime and safety is 9% lower than the national average.
Is West Virginia a good place to retire?
Surpassed only by Florida and Texas, West Virginia ranked 3rd of the 10 best states to retire. Studies determined that more than 20% of the state’s population is 65 or older. One of West Virginia’s biggest contributor was the fact that the cost of living is very affordable, with low property and sales taxes.
Is West Virginia a good place to live?
On a very good note, West Virginia is known widely for its low cost of living and beautiful scenery—considered by many to be somewhat of a hidden gem, or even a paradise. If you’re an outdoorsy type, this just might be your dream state.
How many electoral votes does West Virginia have in 2020?
West Virginia has five electoral votes in the Electoral College.
Which US state is the richest?
This Is the Richest State in the U.S., According to Data
- New Hampshire.
- California. Median household income: $80,440.
- Hawaii. Median household income: $83,102.
- New Jersey. Median household income: $85,751.
- Massachusetts. Median household income: $85,843.
- Maryland. Median household income: $86,738.